With over 40 years in Emergency Medical Services, Associated Ambulance is the 2nd largest Ambulance Operator in the province. We provide ALS & BLS services to 22 locations in rural Alberta. We have exciting opportunities for Permanent & Temporary Full-time employment as well as offer casual employment status. If you are looking to jump-start or extend your Advanced Care Paramedic career, please join our Associated Ambulance Team. We Are Here For Life!
Our stations are fully modernized with kitchens, comfortable common areas and sleeping quarters. We also provide updated gym equipment in almost all of our stations. We want this to be your home away from home!
- Fully comprehensive Health & Dental benefit package (Fulltime and Benefit eligible casuals)
- Bountiful taxable spending account (Full time only)
- Flexible schedules for work-life balance
- Opportunity to work in and support our rural Alberta communities
- $40/hour casual rate
- Winter Orientation: January 23 - 26, 2023
- Spring Orientations: March 13 - 16, May 1 - 4
- Recognition of previous EMS-ACP experience accepted to determine wage grid placement
- HSAA CUPE salary scales
- RRSP-DPSP matching program
- Shift schedules 24 hour core flex and 12-hour assembled
- Weekend premium pay
- Multiple locations throughout Alberta
- Permanent & Temporary Fulltime, casual
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Completion of an accredited Advanced Care Paramedic program.
- Active registration with Alberta College of Paramedics (ACoP) as an Advanced Care Paramedic.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Must hold a valid Class 4 Alberta Operator's license with an abstract indicating no serious traffic safety violations - abstract will be requested.
- Completion of the Functional Abilities Recruitment Evaluation (F.A.R.E.) test taken no more than six months prior to the start date.
What you'll be doing in your role:
- a defined scope of practice that includes the provisions of advanced life support procedures
- administer pre-hospital medical care
- check and monitor vital signs, measure blood glucose levels and use other diagnostic procedures
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- provide oxygen, administer medications including intravenous (IV) treatments, perform bandaging and splinting, assist in childbirth and provide initial treatment to trauma patient
- stabilize an injured or ill person
- hospital transports
- patient assessments
- collaborate with other emergency medical personnel, physicians, nurses and other health professionals.
Associated Ambulance is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and we may use your application for consideration in future postings.
To learn more about our company and other postings we may have available, please visit our website at www.associatedambulance.com
Location: Rural Alberta
Job Types: Full-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $34.42 - $52.49 per hour